Power of Choice
The goal of Power of Choice is to help adolescents feel and look their best, now and for years to come. It is designed to show them the importance of taking care of their health. If offers them the power to choose what's right for their individual healthy eating and active living goals.
The Power of Choice after-school activities help young adolescents to:
- Identify their personal values
- Make healthful choices in real-life settings
- Move more and sit less
- Prepare food in safe, nutritious ways
- Set goals and make smart food and physical activity choices that reflect their personal values
- Get support from family and friends for sound food and fitness efforts
This curriculum was developed by the United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Services and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration as a part of the Team Nutrition Initiative.
Your county Extension office for more information about the Power of Choice program.